With this data protection declaration we would like to inform you about the type, scope and purpose of the personal data we collect when you use our website and about the rights you are entitled to.
„Personal data“ is all information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, for example name, address, e-mail address, IP address.
I. Data collection when visiting our website
When using our website for informational purposes only, we only collect the personal data that the browser used on your terminal device transmits to our server. When you access our website, your browser automatically transmits information to the server of our website and temporarily stores it in so-called server log files.
The following information is collected without your intervention and stored until it is automatically deleted:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- Date and time of the request,
- Name and URL of the retrieved file,
- amount of data transferred in each case,
- Web page from which the access takes place (referrer URL),
- the browser used (type, version, language),
- operating system of your computer and
- Name of your access provider.
The data can be evaluated for statistical purposes, but the individual user remains anonymous; no identification of persons takes place. The processing of this data is used exclusively for the technical administration and security of our website (ensuring functionality, system security and user comfort) and is thus carried out to protect our legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f DSGVO. Under no circumstances do we use the collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about your person.
When you use our website, cookies are stored on your computer. These are small text files that are automatically created by your browser and stored on your end device (laptop, tablet, smartphone or similar) when you visit our website.
Cookies do not cause any damage to your device, cannot execute programs or transmit viruses or other malware. They serve to make our website more user-friendly and effective overall. Information is stored in the cookie that is related to the specific terminal device used. However, we do not obtain knowledge of your identity through this.
a) In order to increase user-friendliness, we use so-called session cookies to recognize that you have already visited individual pages of our website and thereby increase user-friendliness. Session cookies store a so-called session ID, which can be used to assign various requests from your browser to a common session. They are automatically deleted when you leave our website or close your browser.
b) In addition, we use temporary cookies (so-called persistent cookies), which are stored on your end device for a certain specified period of time. This also serves to optimize user-friendliness so that you do not have to make all entries and settings again when you visit our website again. On the other hand, we use such cookies to record and evaluate the use of our website statistically.
Temporary cookies are automatically deleted after a defined time. However, you can delete the cookies yourself at any time in the security settings of your browser.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. You can, however, configure your browser settings according to your wishes, so that no cookies or only certain cookies (e.g. no third-party cookies) are stored on your computer or a message always appears before a new cookie is created. Cookies that have already been stored can be deleted by you at any time in the security settings of your browser. However, the complete deactivation of cookies may mean that you cannot use all functions of our website.
The data processed by cookies is required for the above-mentioned purposes in order to safeguard our legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f DSGVO.
III Google Fonts
To display fonts, we have integrated „Google Fonts“ from Google Ireland Limited (Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland) on our website.
When you visit our website, the fonts are loaded into the cache of your browser. In order that the corresponding content can be transferred to your browser, your IP address is processed and transferred to Google, whereby a transfer to servers in the USA cannot be excluded.
No cookies are set, and the transmitted data is not associated with data about you, which may be processed when using authenticated Google services in parallel.
Further information on data protection in connection with Google Fonts can be found here: https://developers.google.com/fonts/faq#Privacy.
General information on data protection at Google can be found at: https://policies.google.com/privacy.
For the exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the USA, Google has subjected itself to the EU-US Privacy Shield and thus offers an appropriate level of protection within the meaning of Art. 45 DSGVO: https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt000000001L5AAI&status=Active.
By adjusting your browser software accordingly, you have the option of preventing the fonts from being loaded from the Google servers; however, we would like to point out that this may adversely affect the display of our website. If your browser does not support the Google fonts or you prevent access to Google servers, the text will be displayed in a standard font.
The data processing in connection with the use of Google Fonts is carried out on the legal basis of Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f DSGVO to protect our legitimate interests in a needs-based, optimized design of our website.
IV. Data security
We use the common SSL (Secure Socket Layer) procedure on our website; every data transmission is encrypted using the https protocol using TLS (Transport Layer Security). You can recognize the encryption by the closed display of the lock symbol in the status bar of your browser.
In addition, we have taken further suitable technical and organizational measures to protect your data, e.g. against manipulation, loss and unauthorized access by third parties. These measures are constantly being further developed in line with technological developments.
V. Contact us at
You have the possibility to send us a message via the contact form or by using e-mail links on our website. To be able to process your request, we need your name and e-mail address in addition to your message. The specification of all other data is optional.
The transmission of your data via the contact form is always encrypted. Your data will not be forwarded to third parties. The data processing is carried out for the purpose of answering your inquiry and is based on Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b DSGVO.
VI. passing on of data
1. the processing of the data is partly carried out on the servers of an external technical service provider commissioned by us. This service provider has been carefully selected by us, is bound by our instructions and is contractually obliged to guarantee adequate technical and organizational measures for data protection. The database and its contents remain with us and our technical service provider at all times.
2. we will only pass on your personal data to third parties in the following cases permitted by law:
- You have given your express consent (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a DSGVO);
- the transfer is necessary for the execution of contractual relationships with you (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b DSGVO);
- the transfer is necessary to fulfill a legal obligation (Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. c DSGVO);
- the disclosure is necessary for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest worthy of protection in not disclosing your data (Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO).
Your personal data will not be passed on to third parties for purposes other than those listed here.
VII. duration of storage
We will store your data only to the extent and for as long as (1) it is necessary to fulfil our contractual obligations or the purpose of processing, (2) we are obliged to store your data pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. c DSGVO due to legal obligations (e.g. statutory storage and documentation obligations), or (3) you have consented to further storage pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a DSGVO.
VIII. Your rights
1. right of information, deletion, etc.
You have the right:
- to request information about your personal data processed by us according to art. 15 DSGVO In particular, you may request information on the purposes of processing, the categories of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right of rectification, cancellation, limitation of processing or opposition, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data, if not collected by us, as well as the existence of automated decision making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information on the details thereof;
- in accordance with Art. 16 DSGVO, to immediately demand the correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us;
- pursuant to Art. 17 DSGVO to demand the deletion of your personal data stored with us, unless processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- pursuant to Art. 18 DSGVO, to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data, insofar as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful but you refuse to delete it, we no longer require the data but you require it for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims or you have lodged an objection to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 DSGVO;
- in accordance with Art. 20 DSGVO, to receive your personal data that you have provided us with in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request that it be transferred to another responsible party (right to data transferability).
2. complaint to a supervisory authority
If you believe that the processing of personal data concerning you is in breach of the provisions of the DSGVO, you have the right to appeal to a supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 DSGVO. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority at your usual place of residence or workplace or at our headquarters.
3. revocation of consent
If you have given us separate consent to process your data, you can revoke this consent at any time in accordance with Art. 7 Para. 3 DSGVO. As a result, we may no longer continue to process the data based on this consent in the future. Revocation does not affect the lawfulness of the processing that was carried out on the basis of this consent until revocation.
If you would like to make use of your right of revocation, simply send an e-mail to email@example.com.
4. right of objection
If your personal data are processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 letter f DSGVO, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 21 para. 1 DSGVO, provided that there are reasons for doing so arising from your particular situation. If you exercise such a right of objection, please explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have done. We will then stop or adapt the data processing unless the processing serves the purpose of asserting, exercising or defending legal claims or we have compelling reasons worthy of protection on the basis of which we continue the processing.
Of course, you can object to the processing of your personal data for the purpose of direct advertising at any time without giving reasons (Art. 21 para. 2 DSGVO).
If you wish to exercise your right of objection, simply send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IX. Name and contact details of the person responsible for data processing
Hemsbergstr. 81, 64625 Bensheim
E-Mail: data protection@ hetzler-foundation.de
phone +49 (0) 6251 39 177
Fax: +49 (0) 6251 68 09 26